Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- The Polish Princess: Baking Bread And Helping The Economy One Job At a Time
Wed July 16, 2014
California Teachers Divided On Court's Tenure Ruling
In a landmark decision, a California judge recently ruled unconstitutional five state laws governing tenure, dismissal and seniority for public school teachers. Since then, the political noise has only grown louder.
Both sides are still largely sticking to their “with us or against us” talking points that risk drowning out the moderate middle. But talk to California teachers, and their take is far more nuanced, as Eric Westervelt of the NPR education team reports.