Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Sat May 4, 2013
Canterbury Shaker Village Opens With 1st Heifer Parade
The Caterbury Shaker Village opened the season with its very first Heifer Parade Saturday. About forty local cows marched through the village.
The partnership between Shaker Village and Brookford Farm began last year. The organic farm had just started in Canterbury and Funi Burdick, the Executive Director of Shaker Village says it made perfect sense to team up.
“And we have 694 acres of beautiful land that was once a farm and I said, ‘Why don’t you come here and let your cows graze…’”
After that they decided to make it an annual Heifer Parade to showcase the agrarian lifestyle of the Shakers. The families who attended the sunny Saturday morning event also saw traditional Morris dancers, fiddle music and craft workshops.