Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Fri August 31, 2012
Cassandra Wilson On World Cafe
A pioneer who muddies the waters separating jazz, blues, country, soul and rock, Cassandra Wilson possesses a beautiful voice and more than three decades of musical experience. The two-time Grammy winner began her career with the M-base collective, but found success as a solo jazz singer.
After a two-year break, Wilson took a step in a new direction. While she remains true to her jazz inclinations, she incorporates blues, soul, pop, samba and even flamenco on Another Country — which is, as the title suggests, an international affair: Wilson and producer Fabrizio Sotti recorded the album in New York, New Orleans and Florence, Italy. Hear Wilson play songs from Another Country in this session.