Most Active Stories
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- O'Brien Nominated Once Again For N.H. House Speaker
Word of Mouth
Mon February 11, 2013
Celebrating China's Spring Festival In New England
This week marks the start of the Spring Festival, or Chinese New Year. This fifteen-day celebration is the longest and most important holiday in China, featuring family reunions, fireworks, traditional meals, red lanterns, and the traditional gift of the Hong Bao, or Red Packet. (You can also rent a boyfriend for the festival...a new trend that's emerged in recent years).
If you're interested in soaking up some festive Chinese celebration right here at home, check out these events taking place in the coming weeks, as compiled by the International Business Times.
Closer to home, you can check out these events. (A note, some have already passed, but put them on your calendar for next year!)
Boston College Spring Festival Gala
Boston's Chinatown: A bevy of activities
Chinatown's annual Lion Dance Parade
Oh, and check out this video of Celine Dion performing with Chinese pop star Song Zuying at the 2013 Spring Festival Gala.