Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Wed March 14, 2012
Over this past weekend, Nashua resident Randy Pierce became one of the few- and the only blind person on record- to hike all 48 of New Hampshire’s four-thousand foot mountain peaks in one winter. It’s a feat few dare take on, but Randy and his guide dog Quinn like a challenge. Randy has begun a non- profit called 2020 Vision Quest, seeking to inspire people to reach beyond adversity and achieve their goals. He says he wants to bring attention to those people and organizations that have helped him through his challenges, but the idea of doing it through climbing really didn’t occur until 2010.