Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Meet Peter Biello, NHPR's New 'All Things Considered' Host
Arts & Culture
Fri August 23, 2013
Children's Museum Hosts Mini Maker Faire
The Children's Museum of New Hampshire is hosting their first annual Maker Faire on Saturday in Dover.
Maker Faires are popping up all over the world: from Nigeria to Abu Dabi to San Francisco and now, Dover, NH. That's thanks to Make, the Do-It-Yourself magazine and banner of the DIY movement.
Heidi Duncanson of the Children’s Museum says this fair features adults and teens who make just about anything: from rockets to robots, to earrings:
A guy there will be doing blacksmithing demonstration, and people there will be doing things with computers, like the raspberry pie computer.
Duncanson says kids and grownups can try hands on projects, watch musical performances, and more. The fair goes on all day Saturday, with events both indoors and out.