Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Arts & Culture
Fri August 23, 2013
Children's Museum Hosts Mini Maker Faire
The Children's Museum of New Hampshire is hosting their first annual Maker Faire on Saturday in Dover.
Maker Faires are popping up all over the world: from Nigeria to Abu Dabi to San Francisco and now, Dover, NH. That's thanks to Make, the Do-It-Yourself magazine and banner of the DIY movement.
Heidi Duncanson of the Children’s Museum says this fair features adults and teens who make just about anything: from rockets to robots, to earrings:
A guy there will be doing blacksmithing demonstration, and people there will be doing things with computers, like the raspberry pie computer.
Duncanson says kids and grownups can try hands on projects, watch musical performances, and more. The fair goes on all day Saturday, with events both indoors and out.