Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Fri June 20, 2014
Christie Arrives In N.H. To Campaign For Havenstein
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a potential presidential candidate in 2016, makes his first visit to the first-primary state when he comes to Manchester to campaign with Republican candidate for governor Walt Havenstein.
Christie, who is also chairman of the Republican Governor's Association, will first preside over an RGA finance meeting Friday afternoon then campaign with Havenstein at T-Bones restaurant in Bedford. He'll finish the visit with a private fundraiser in Atkinson.
Havenstein faces Andrew Hemingway in a Republican primary to take on incumbent Democrat Maggie Hassan.
Christie was considered a top 2016 contender before news broke that members of his administration slowed traffic at a major bridge to New York City in an apparent act of political retribution. He's been working to put that scandal behind him.