Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
Thu July 31, 2014
Christie Makes Second Visit To N.H. To Campaign For Havenstein
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is coming to New Hampshire for the second time in little more than a month to campaign for Republican gubernatorial candidate Walt Havenstein.
Christie has been crisscrossing the country this summer to bolster fellow Republicans as chair of the Republican Governors Association. But his schedule also is packed with stops in key states on the presidential nomination calendar, giving him the opportunity to make inroads with fundraisers, party leaders and activists who will be crucial if he decides to run in 2016.
In New Hampshire on Thursday, Christie is touring defense contractor BAE Systems in Nashua, where Havenstein formerly served as CEO, and will attend a state Republican Party fundraiser in Manchester.