Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Sun December 25, 2011
Christmas Daybreak brings together two of the finest groups of singers and actors at the cutting edge of live performance in America today, the singers of The Crossing and actors from the Pig Iron Theatre company. Specializing in work of the finest contemporary composers, The Crossing has commissioned many beautiful new carols for Christmas by composers such as Andrew Gant and Benjamin Boyle and sung many new works by British composers Gabriel Jackson, Jonathan Varcoe, and James MacMillan. In this hour they combine some of the most beautiful and contemplative new music for Christmas by American and British composers, much of which is based on old texts. Interspersed are excerpts of the Christmas poetry of Joseph Brodsky by the voices of Pig Iron actors casting a contemporary light on these familiar images, giving a modern view of birth and light from darkness for a 21st-century audience. Information is available at www.thecrossingchoir.comor www.pigiron.org.