Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Mon February 10, 2014
Civil War-Era Claremont Building Up For Auction
A Civil War-era building in Claremont is up for auction.
The 11,000-square-foot Oscar Brown Block was bought from Maine Street Claremont in 2007 by the Monadnock Economic Development Corporation. Renovations were done to the building, and today it houses a restaurant and a barbershop.
Financial troubles including a default on a loan led to the building being put up for sale in December.
The auction was scheduled for Monday.