Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Mon June 23, 2014
Claremont Celebrating 250th Anniversary With Special Exhibit
The city of Claremont is presenting a special exhibit in honor of its 250th anniversary.
The Eagle Times reports the Claremont Historical Society Museum's "Made in Claremont" room is showing memorabilia from businesses in town going back to the 1940s. Some places are still in business.
Visitors also can see the oldest picture taken of the city, dated Oct. 2, 1856, and Civil War items.
The museum is open on Saturdays, from 1 to 4 p.m., through Sept. 13.