Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
All Things Considered
Thu September 29, 2011
A Climbing Challenge Aims to Lift Challenges for Refugees
It takes a lot of effort, determination, and bravery to come to a new country as a refugee and learn not only a new language but a new culture.
One could compare it to climbing a mountain.
A Manchester resident is going to climb a few mountains himself to raise money for the city’s refugees.
Starting tomorrow, Dan Szczesny aims to climb New Hampshire’s 4000 foot peaks… all 48 of them… in a month.
But first he joins us in the studio to talk about the project.