Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
All Things Considered
Thu September 29, 2011
A Climbing Challenge Aims to Lift Challenges for Refugees
It takes a lot of effort, determination, and bravery to come to a new country as a refugee and learn not only a new language but a new culture.
One could compare it to climbing a mountain.
A Manchester resident is going to climb a few mountains himself to raise money for the city’s refugees.
Starting tomorrow, Dan Szczesny aims to climb New Hampshire’s 4000 foot peaks… all 48 of them… in a month.
But first he joins us in the studio to talk about the project.