Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Tue July 17, 2012
'Cluster Balloon' Daredevils Attempt Record Flight
Originally published on Tue July 17, 2012 12:17 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renée Montagne. In the Pixar movie "Up" a man lifts his house up and away using a huge bundle of colorful balloons. In real life cluster balloons are daredevils. Last weekend, an American teamed up with an Iraqi to try and break the world record for longest tandem cluster balloon flight. The men took off from a parking lot in Oregon and hoped to make it to Montana. Thunderstorms cut their trip short and kept them from getting the record. e weather didn't cooperate. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.