Most Active Stories
- Power Outages Surge Across Granite State, Thanksgiving Travel Disrupted By Storm
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
Word of Mouth
Tue July 24, 2012
Comic-Con Comes to New Hampshire
Comic-Con in San Diego lured more than a hundred thousand visitors earlier this month so it’s no wonder that smaller Cons are popping up just about everywhere, not only because of comics’ continued bleed into pop culture through TV shows and blockbuster films, but because of the boost a Con can inject into a local economy, even Manchester, New Hampshire. Ryan Lessard brings us the story.
Check out Comic-Con International in San Diego (a slightly larger event than Granite-Con):