Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Mon February 24, 2014
Continuing Coverage: The Push To Legalize N.H.'s First Casino
March 14, 2013 - May 24, 2013
During the 2013 legislative session New Hampshire grappled with the question of whether to allow the state’s first casino. NHPR followed the debate at the State House but also wanted to better understand the larger implications. We sent a reporter to Washington, Pa. where Millennium Gaming runs a casino. The company hopes to build a casino in New Hampshire. Throughout our coverage we learned how the area has benefited, but also looked into the social costs of gambling.