Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Mon February 10, 2014
A Conversation with Gov. Hassan: Year One
Last week, Governor Maggie Hassan stepped up to the front podium in Representatives Hall and delivered her first State of the State speech. Hassan addressed her victories and challenges of her first year, and outlined her hopes for year two: she underlined a desire for a ‘high end’ casino, stood firm on her stance against legalizing marijuana and tried to reach out to both sides of the aisle to get work done.But bipartisanship hasn’t been always come easy for the governor. And with ambitious goals and the political posturing that comes in an election year, time will only tell whether those hopes that Hassan raised in her address will become a reality.
- Maggie Hassan – New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hassan, a democrat in her first term. She’s also a former state senator from Exeter, and a former Senate Majority Leader.