Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Wed September 12, 2012
In Coos Lamontagne Dominated, Rappaport and Daugherty Fend Off Challenger
Ovid Lamontagne dominated the Republican primary in Coos County Tuesday.
Lamontagne routinely pulled at least 50 percent – and in some cases 80 percent or more - of the vote in town after town.
In Berlin Lamontagne took 81 percent of the vote; 72 percent in Lancaster; 57 percent in Colebrook and 70 percent in Whitefield.
Meanwhile, Republican incumbents Larry Rappaport and Duffy Daugherty of Colebrook have apparently held off challenger Charles Kurtz of Errol.
With nine of ten precincts reporting by the Wednesday afternoon Rappaport led with 511 votes followed by Daugherty with 350 and Kurtz with 313.
In November Rappaport and Daugherty will face Democrat Larry Enman of Errol.
Vote totals were provided by The Associated Press. Totals from state officials are not yet available.