Here’s what happened in Coos County on Tuesday, according to a tally by the Associated Press. Official counts from the Secretary of State are not yet available.
* Jeff Woodburn of Dalton was elected senator, defeating Debi Warner of Littleton. He takes the place of Republican John Gallus who chose not to run.
* In District 1 with all ten precincts counted Republican incumbent Duffy Daugherty of Colebrook lost to Democrat Larry Enman of Errol by 20 votes.
Enman had 1,158 votes.
Daugherty said he would not seek a recount. "The state is going to hell in a hand basket and I am not going to fight it," he said.
Incumbent Republican Larry Rappaport of Colebrook was re-elected with 1,540 votes.
* In District 2 Democrat Wayne Moynihan was elected.
* In District 3 Democrats Gary Coulombe, Robert Theberge and Yvonne Thomas were re-elected.
* In District 4 Republican incumbent Herb Richardson held onto his seat.
* In District 5 Democrat challenger Marcia Hammon defeated Republican incumbent John Tholl.
* In District 6 incumbent Democrat William Hatch was unchallenged.
* In District 7 Republican challenger Leon Rideout defeated incumbent Evalyn Merrick by 12 votes. Merrick said she would seek a recount.