Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth
Thu November 8, 2012
The Cost of Building Beaches
Despite arguments over effectiveness and cost, New Jersey has long practiced what is called “artificial beach nourishment”—importing and pumping tons of sand to build up its shore. Much of that sand was swept away by super storm Sandy’s massive surge and the one that followed from the recent nor’easter.