Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
13.7: Cosmos And Culture
Sun June 24, 2012
Craving A Lazy Day? This Chimpanzee "Gets" It (Video Clip)
Originally published on Mon June 25, 2012 8:58 am
We all have them: Days when we just want to take it down a notch, even as others around us burst with energy.
David, alpha-male chimpanzee at Fongoli in Senegal, had a morning like that recently. While other males vocalized (pant-hooted) with gusto, a perfectly hale and hearty David ... just couldn't be bothered, as this video bit shows.
You can keep up with more of what Barbara is thinking on Twitter: @bjkingape