Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
13.7: Cosmos And Culture
Sun June 24, 2012
Craving A Lazy Day? This Chimpanzee "Gets" It (Video Clip)
Originally published on Mon June 25, 2012 8:58 am
We all have them: Days when we just want to take it down a notch, even as others around us burst with energy.
David, alpha-male chimpanzee at Fongoli in Senegal, had a morning like that recently. While other males vocalized (pant-hooted) with gusto, a perfectly hale and hearty David ... just couldn't be bothered, as this video bit shows.
You can keep up with more of what Barbara is thinking on Twitter: @bjkingape