Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Tue December 10, 2013
Crossover Crash Kills One In Columbia
There was a fatal collision Tuesday morning on Route 3 in Columbia, according to a news release from the state police.
The accident was reported about 8:40 and involved a Buick LeSabre going northbound and a Toyota Tundra pickup headed southbound, reported Lt. Todd Landry, the commander of Troop F, which covers the North Country.
Landry said the Buick crossed the center line and collided with the pickup truck. He said the “initial investigation indicates that the driver of the Buick LeSabre experienced a medical event prior to impact which caused the vehicle to go into the other lane.”
The Buick driver died at the scene. The driver of the pickup was taken to the hospital in Colebrook with what were described as non-life threatening injuries.
The identity of the victim was not disclosed.