Most Active Stories
- Power Outages Surge Across Granite State, Thanksgiving Travel Disrupted By Storm
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
Mon November 4, 2013
A Culture Of Coddling?
School decisions banning dodge ball and tag have re-ignited a broader debate on whether we are over-protecting kids. We discuss the need for letting go and letting children grow. But others say the world has changed, and parental involvement is needed today.
- Patrick Corbin – executive director of the New Hampshire Interscholastic Athletic Association
- KJ Dell'Antonia – editor and lead blogger for the Motherlode blog at The New York Times
- David Finkelhor – sociology professor and director of the Crimes Against Children Research Lab at UNH