Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Mon November 4, 2013
A Culture Of Coddling?
School decisions banning dodge ball and tag have re-ignited a broader debate on whether we are over-protecting kids. We discuss the need for letting go and letting children grow. But others say the world has changed, and parental involvement is needed today.
- Patrick Corbin – executive director of the New Hampshire Interscholastic Athletic Association
- KJ Dell'Antonia – editor and lead blogger for the Motherlode blog at The New York Times
- David Finkelhor – sociology professor and director of the Crimes Against Children Research Lab at UNH