Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Mon November 4, 2013
A Culture Of Coddling?
School decisions banning dodge ball and tag have re-ignited a broader debate on whether we are over-protecting kids. We discuss the need for letting go and letting children grow. But others say the world has changed, and parental involvement is needed today.
- Patrick Corbin – executive director of the New Hampshire Interscholastic Athletic Association
- KJ Dell'Antonia – editor and lead blogger for the Motherlode blog at The New York Times
- David Finkelhor – sociology professor and director of the Crimes Against Children Research Lab at UNH