Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon August 13, 2012
From Curiosity, Another Martian Landscape
NASA has released two more pictures from the Curiosity Mars rover.
One is a color image that shows that wall of the Gale Crater and the other is a close up shot of the area excavated by the rover's descent stage rocket engines.
We've posted the white-balanced version of the photos. In theory those should appear more like what Mars would look like if you were using your eyes.
Also of note: The Wall Street Journal has started stringing together a 360-degree view of the place where Curiosity landed. It's still incomplete, but the paper is adding photos as they come in.