Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Fri September 20, 2013
Dartmouth's New President Is From Class Of '77
Dartmouth College has inaugurated its 18th president, a 1977 alumnus who most recently served as provost at the University of Michigan.
Philip Hanlon was inaugurated at a Friday afternoon ceremony in Hanover. He previously served as the chief academic officer at Michigan and plans to continue teaching mathematics at Dartmouth.
Hanlon succeeds Jim Yong Kim, who left Dartmouth in 2012 to become president of the World Bank. Kim was among the speakers at Friday's ceremony.
Word of Mouth