Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Fri September 20, 2013
Dartmouth's New President Is From Class Of '77
Dartmouth College has inaugurated its 18th president, a 1977 alumnus who most recently served as provost at the University of Michigan.
Philip Hanlon was inaugurated at a Friday afternoon ceremony in Hanover. He previously served as the chief academic officer at Michigan and plans to continue teaching mathematics at Dartmouth.
Hanlon succeeds Jim Yong Kim, who left Dartmouth in 2012 to become president of the World Bank. Kim was among the speakers at Friday's ceremony.
Word of Mouth