Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth
Thu September 20, 2012
David Wax Museum Stirs the Music Melting Pot
As a band, David Wax Museum is a kind of palate cleanser, take some Mexican folk songs, run em through an indie pop bath, add a dash of southern fiddle, maybe a donkey’s jawbone and you’ve got a musical breath of fresh air. David Wax Museum’s new album Knock Knock Get Up has a kind of brightness that you might not expect on an album produced in an old farmhouse in the bracing cold of a Maine winter.
Check out David Wax Museum playing for NPR Music's Field Recording: