Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
12 Days of Drawings
Wed November 28, 2012
Day 7: 4 Tickets to Christmas Revels at Hopkins Center
Update: The winner of our Hopkins Center drawing is Greta Frost of Manchester, NH!
Day 7 of 12 Days of Drawings brings you a set of four tickets to see Christmas Revels at the Hopkins Center for the Arts at Dartmouth.
In 1907, immigration from Europe to the new world of the United States was at a peak. The Irish formed a significant part of this relocation of families, bringing with them their unique culture of poetry, dance, music and a powerful instinct for survival. This year’s Christmas Revels puts us on the deck of the Glenna Troy as the hopeful émigrés create a memorable Christmas at sea. Fiddler Laura Risk, flutist Nicholas Williams, piper Joey Abarta and guitarist/percussionist Paddy League head up a terrific céilidh band playing blazing jigs and reels as well as sorrowful laments. With a powerful chorus, lively children, fantastic stories, the best of Irish dancers including dancer and choreographer Kieran Jordan from Boston, and all the usual Christmas Revels magic, this promises to be a joyous celebration.
And make sure to tune in to The Folk Show tonight: Kate will feature Christmas Revels on the show!