Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
Fri May 30, 2014
Day Three Of Mazzaglia Trial Brings More Witnesses, Details Of Crime
It’s day three of the trial for Seth Mazzaglia of Dover. He’s the man charged with raping and killing UNH student Elizabeth Marriott, and then dumping her body in a river that feeds into the ocean.
Prosecutors presented eight witnesses Thursday, the second day of the trial, including a neighbor who said she heard a blood-curdling scream the night Marriott died in Mazzaglia's Dover apartment.
Prosecutors say Mazzaglia raped and killed Marriott after she rejected his sexual advances. His lawyers say Mazzaglia's girlfriend, Kathryn McDonough, killed Marriott during rough sex.
McDonough is serving 1 1/2 to 3 years in prison and is expected to testify against Mazzaglia.