Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Fri May 30, 2014
Day Three Of Mazzaglia Trial Brings More Witnesses, Details Of Crime
It’s day three of the trial for Seth Mazzaglia of Dover. He’s the man charged with raping and killing UNH student Elizabeth Marriott, and then dumping her body in a river that feeds into the ocean.
Prosecutors presented eight witnesses Thursday, the second day of the trial, including a neighbor who said she heard a blood-curdling scream the night Marriott died in Mazzaglia's Dover apartment.
Prosecutors say Mazzaglia raped and killed Marriott after she rejected his sexual advances. His lawyers say Mazzaglia's girlfriend, Kathryn McDonough, killed Marriott during rough sex.
McDonough is serving 1 1/2 to 3 years in prison and is expected to testify against Mazzaglia.