Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Wed October 9, 2013
Dean of UNH Business School Announces Congressional Run
Republican Dan Innis, dean of the University of New Hampshire's business school, is running for Congress in the state's First District.
Innis, who also owns a Portsmouth inn with his husband, announced his campaign via an online video Wednesday. Though he's never run for office, he tells The Associated Press that the national situation is so dire with the growing deficit, national debt and Washington gridlock, that he's determined to do something about it. He says too many members of Congress let Washington change them instead of the reverse.
Former Manchester mayor Frank Guinta also is seeking the GOP nomination. Guinta held the First District seat for one term before being defeated in 2012 by Democrat Carol Shea-Porter, who also held the seat for two previous terms.
You can watch Dan Innis' announcement video here.