Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Sun November 3, 2013
Dean of UNH-Manchester Resigns
Provost Lisa MacFarlane announced Dean Ali Rafieymehr’s departure in an email to faculty and staff late Friday afternoon. She noted the resignation was effective that day. Spokesperson Erika Mantz said she couldn’t comment on personnel matters. Like MacFarlane’s email, she highlighted his work in so-called “STEM” fields.
“The university really does appreciate the work of the dean, and everything he’s done to advance programs in the Manchester community, especially around STEM related programs in K-12,” Mantz said.
She wouldn’t comment on when the university was informed of the dean’s resignation. Associate Dean Dan Reagan will serve as Interim Dean while the school conducts a national search for Rafieymehr’s successor.