Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Word of Mouth
Thu May 17, 2012
Death of the Trophy Wife
In those gin-soaked days of yesteryear, a beautiful woman on the arm was an executive’s secret weapon for landing the deal. A young knock-out by your side signaled power, style, and proof that you had it all. Just ask all those Mad Men...
That was then.
Tina Cassidy asks in the Boston Globe whether the trophy wife has faded into history. Tina’s a former editor and correspondent at the Globe, and author of a new book out about Jackie O in the year after Aristotle Onassis died.