Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon September 10, 2012
Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Hustle For Votes
Former Exeter state senator Maggie Hassan was out early this morning, working the breakfast crowd in Manchester’s Chez Vachon restaurant.
"Yes, and I’m running for governor. I am running for Governor and worked very closely with Governor Lynch when I was in the state senate."
Hassan also hit diners in Derry and Nashua, accompanied by a local democratic official at every stop. Her main rival, Jackie Cilley of Barrington, also former state senator, meanwhile, met with students in Durham, did some phone banking at the concord headquarters of the state employees association….
Have you made a decision yet? We’ll I hope you have a chance, and If you have any questions….
And met voters on the streets of Concord and Manchester.
Would you increase taxes?
No. Not more but a reform that actually becomes more fair and equitable for everyone?
The democratic gubernatorial primary is expected to be close……..The victor faces the winners of the Republican contest, where the leading candidates are Manchester attorney Ovide Lamontagne and conservative activist Kevin Smith.