Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Fri September 27, 2013
Democrats: It's Time For A Woman President
Democrats gathered in New Hampshire's largest city Friday's said the event wasn't designed to promote Hillary Rodham Clinton specifically. But Clinton supporters dominated the discussion hosted by EMILY's List, a group that works to elect female Democrats across the country.
Former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm said Clinton would be, quote, "the most qualified person to run for president, probably almost ever."
EMILY's List president Stephanie Schriock says several women could run for president in 2016, but Clinton rises above them all.
The former secretary of state has yet to announce her intentions for the 2016 presidential race. Democrats widely expect her to run, although an announcement is thought to be at least a year away.