Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Tue January 10, 2012
Democrats Mobilizing Voters for the Primary
The entire nation is watching as voting begins in today’s Republican Primary.
Meanwhile democrat voters are quietly turning out for that other primary.
SFX: Phone bank sounds
The night before primary day, volunteers are hard at work calling potential voters.
Kuster: Hi, is this Mrs. Singer? How are you this is Annie Kuster, calling from the Obama headquarters.
Ann Mclane Kuster, a democratic candidate for congress in 2012, was out working the phones.
She acknowledges that President Obama probably has this primary in the bag.
She says for the democrats the primary push is really about laying the groundwork for November.
Kuster: The emphasis tonight is to make certain that people across the country and across the state understand how important this election is.
Secretary of State Bill Gardner estimates that Democratic turnout will be about a third as many as Republicans.