Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
All Things Considered
Fri March 23, 2012
Despite Warm Weather, It's Maple Syrup Weekend in New Hampshire
This weekend is maple syrup weekend in New Hampshire – true, you might not be thinking of sugar and sap given this week’s record breaking temperatures, but more than 100 New Hampshire sugarhouses are opening their doors this weekend and sharing a little of the sweet stuff for visitors.
Eric Johnson owns Tucker Mountain Maple in Andover, and a program director for the New Hampshire Timberland Owners Association. He tells All Things Considered host Brady Carlson about this year's maple crop, the emergence of home sugaring and some of the "value-added" maple products sugarhouses make and sell in the state.