Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Around the Nation
Wed May 7, 2014
Detectives Accused Of Breaking Into Bradenton City Hall
Originally published on Wed May 7, 2014 8:47 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Two Florida police detectives needed to use the bathroom, so they went to the Bradenton City Hall. The City Hall was locked. Naturally, the police detectives broke in with a screwdriver. Having broken in, they didn't lock up, leaving City Hall unsecured for the weekend. One officer has left the department, the other faces a hearing. They could have used the police headquarters bathroom in the same building, but they considered that nasty.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.