Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Thu August 7, 2014
Detroit Jury Deliberating Over Porch Shooting Of Unarmed Teenager
Jurors in Detroit are deliberating in the trial of Theodore Wafer, a white Dearborn Heights man who shot and killed an African American teenager on his front porch last November.
Wafer doesn’t dispute that he killed 19-year-old Renisha McBride, after she banged on his porch door at 4:40 in the morning. He says he did so in self-defense, that he was afraid she was trying to break in.
Here & Now’s Robin Young talks to Sarah Cwiek, a reporter with Michigan Radio and the Here & Now Contributor’s Network, about the case and the trial.