Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Tue August 28, 2012
Diamond Rugs On World Cafe
Muddying the waters separating indie rock, country and Southern blues, Diamond Rugs formed in Nashville as an all-star music collective assembled by John McCauley of Deer Tick. McCauley originally approached Robbie Crowell (Deer Tick), Ian Saint Pe (Black Lips), Steve Berlin (Los Lobos), Hardy Morris (Dead Confederate) and Bryan Dufresne (Six Finger Satellite) to collaborate on an album he was making. Eventually, his bandmates began adding songs of their own, and Diamond Rugs grew into more than just McCauley's pet project.
The end result is an exercise in carefully constructed chaos — one moment a smooth rock ballad, the next a gut-wrenching country dirge. Hear the band perform songs from its self-titled debut in this session of World Cafe.