Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Thu February 23, 2012
Does a Mild Winter Lead to a Mild Flu Season?
According to the Centers for Disease Control, flu season is usually at its peak by February…but not this year.
Might it have something to do with all the warm weather?
State health officials say it’s not likely.
But Doctor Jodie Dion Odom, Deputy State Epidemiologist, says it is unusual that the influenza virus this year is as mild as the winter.