Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Here's What's Awesome
Fri May 27, 2011
Don't Believe Everything You Read, But if You Do, Tell This Tumblr Blog
The Onion's satire is sometimes as sharp as a ninja's throwing star - but in a time where huge numbers of people are getting their news from (half-) reading Facebook posts and forwarded emails... and sometimes not everybody quite catches the joke. A new blog on Tumblr has decided to document those moments where someone shares an Onion article and doesn't realize they're sharing fake news - it's called Literally Unbelievable, and while it's very, very new, it's also very, very entertaining.
Though we should cut these poor Facebook folks a little slack - after all, the Onion has fooled The New York Times, too.
HWA pal Dan A. in Maine shared this one with us - thanks Dan! You can share an awesome link with us in the comments - we'll swallow it, hook, line and sinker.