Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Here's What's Awesome
Fri May 27, 2011
Don't Believe Everything You Read, But if You Do, Tell This Tumblr Blog
The Onion's satire is sometimes as sharp as a ninja's throwing star - but in a time where huge numbers of people are getting their news from (half-) reading Facebook posts and forwarded emails... and sometimes not everybody quite catches the joke. A new blog on Tumblr has decided to document those moments where someone shares an Onion article and doesn't realize they're sharing fake news - it's called Literally Unbelievable, and while it's very, very new, it's also very, very entertaining.
Though we should cut these poor Facebook folks a little slack - after all, the Onion has fooled The New York Times, too.
HWA pal Dan A. in Maine shared this one with us - thanks Dan! You can share an awesome link with us in the comments - we'll swallow it, hook, line and sinker.