Most Active Stories
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
- Storm Update: Icy Weather To Resume Today, Advisory In Effect For North Country
Word of Mouth
Thu June 21, 2012
The Downside of Happiness
The science behind our most-sought after emotional state has positively exploded in recent years – with psychologists and social scientists probing just about everything – income, gender, relationships, kids, chocolate – in an effort to find out what makes us more or less happy. June Gruber is Assistant Professor of Psychology at Yale University, and Director of the Yale Positive Emotion and Psychopathology lab. She says there’s a dark side to happiness that has been largely ignored in our pursuit of bliss.
Watch Jane talk about the dark side of happiness at TEDX Cambridge: