Most Active Stories
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- O'Brien Nominated Once Again For N.H. House Speaker
Word of Mouth
Thu June 21, 2012
The Downside of Happiness
The science behind our most-sought after emotional state has positively exploded in recent years – with psychologists and social scientists probing just about everything – income, gender, relationships, kids, chocolate – in an effort to find out what makes us more or less happy. June Gruber is Assistant Professor of Psychology at Yale University, and Director of the Yale Positive Emotion and Psychopathology lab. She says there’s a dark side to happiness that has been largely ignored in our pursuit of bliss.
Watch Jane talk about the dark side of happiness at TEDX Cambridge: