Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Mon June 25, 2012
Dr. Dog On World Cafe
The Philadelphia pop-rock band Dr. Dog has continued to get better since forming in the early 2000s. The group's seven albums of layered psychedelia are deeply influenced by the best of '60s pop, adding up to a sound that's both timeless and classic.
Dr. Dog's new album, Be the Void, represents a return to rock 'n' roll roots for the quintet, and the result captures the urgency of its live shows. With its boisterous blues influences and psychedelic pop hooks, Be the Void showcases a band that continues to come into its own.
This segment originally aired on March 2, 2012.