Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Mon June 25, 2012
Dr. Dog On World Cafe
The Philadelphia pop-rock band Dr. Dog has continued to get better since forming in the early 2000s. The group's seven albums of layered psychedelia are deeply influenced by the best of '60s pop, adding up to a sound that's both timeless and classic.
Dr. Dog's new album, Be the Void, represents a return to rock 'n' roll roots for the quintet, and the result captures the urgency of its live shows. With its boisterous blues influences and psychedelic pop hooks, Be the Void showcases a band that continues to come into its own.
This segment originally aired on March 2, 2012.