Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Challenges of Autism
Mon November 8, 2010
Dr. Stephen Mott on Autism Diagnosis and Treatment
Dr. Stephen Mott is Medical Director of the Child Development Program at the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. He is a pediatric neurologist who specializes in autism, communication disorders and ADHD. He talks with NHPR's Sheryl Rich Kern to answer the following questions:
What is autism? How is it diagnosed?
Are environmental factors responsible for triggering the disorder? What about vaccines?
How can diets affect children with autism? What about vitamins and other supplements?