Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Challenges of Autism
Mon November 8, 2010
Dr. Stephen Mott on Autism Diagnosis and Treatment
Dr. Stephen Mott is Medical Director of the Child Development Program at the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. He is a pediatric neurologist who specializes in autism, communication disorders and ADHD. He talks with NHPR's Sheryl Rich Kern to answer the following questions:
What is autism? How is it diagnosed?
Are environmental factors responsible for triggering the disorder? What about vaccines?
How can diets affect children with autism? What about vitamins and other supplements?