Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Around the Nation
Fri May 9, 2014
Driver In Carpool Lane Pulled Over For Suspicious Passenger
Originally published on Mon May 12, 2014 3:26 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
A state trooper outside Boston saw a car pulling into the carpool lane on I-93. Cars in that lane should have at least two occupants, but something caught the trooper's eye. He pulled over the car and that's when he discovered the driver was using the lane accompanied only by a mannequin head propped up in the passenger seat.
The driver was ticketed despite the artistic effort used on the mannequin which had a mustache drawn on.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.