Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Wed March 12, 2014
Dublin Voters Say No To Drive-Thru
Hungry motorists in the Town of Dublin will need to get out of their vehicles for provisions. Residents rejected a proposed ballot measure on Tuesday that would have permitted commercial drive-thrus in certain zoned districts, on a vote of 339-222.
The town’s lone gas station at the intersection of Routes 101 and 137 is seeking to renovate its convenience store, and add a drive-thru window.
Opponents of the plan argued drive-thrus would change the character of the small town, and open the door to more commercial development.