Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Wed March 12, 2014
Dublin Voters Say No To Drive-Thru
Hungry motorists in the Town of Dublin will need to get out of their vehicles for provisions. Residents rejected a proposed ballot measure on Tuesday that would have permitted commercial drive-thrus in certain zoned districts, on a vote of 339-222.
The town’s lone gas station at the intersection of Routes 101 and 137 is seeking to renovate its convenience store, and add a drive-thru window.
Opponents of the plan argued drive-thrus would change the character of the small town, and open the door to more commercial development.