Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Thu August 1, 2013
E-Cigarettes Enjoy Perks Of Being Unregulated
Originally published on Wed March 5, 2014 12:38 pm
Electronic cigarettes are a nicotine delivery system that has a small but growing share of the tobacco industry.
However, unlike chewing tobacco and traditional cigarettes, electronic cigarettes are not regulated by the FDA or any other body. That means that electronic cigarettes can advertise on television.
John Carroll, Here & Now’s media analyst, fills us in on the growing trend.
- John Carroll, Here & Now media analyst and professor of mass communications at Boston University. His blog is Campaign Outsider and he tweets @johncarroll_bu.