Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
EAS First Nationwide Test
Wed November 9, 2011
EAS Test Of The National Emergency Alert System
On Wednesday, November 9, FEMA and the FCC will conduct the first ever national test of the Emergency Alert System.
The Emergency Alert System (EAS) test will last approximately one minute and will be heard on all radio stations and television stations across the country. This nationwide test will help federal and local officials determine the reliability of the system and its effectiveness in notifying the public of emergency situations. For more information about this alert, please visit the EAS website.
Visit www.Ready.gov for more information about how to prepare and be informed in the event of an actual emergency.