Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
EAS First Nationwide Test
Wed November 9, 2011
EAS Test Of The National Emergency Alert System
On Wednesday, November 9, FEMA and the FCC will conduct the first ever national test of the Emergency Alert System.
The Emergency Alert System (EAS) test will last approximately one minute and will be heard on all radio stations and television stations across the country. This nationwide test will help federal and local officials determine the reliability of the system and its effectiveness in notifying the public of emergency situations. For more information about this alert, please visit the EAS website.
Visit www.Ready.gov for more information about how to prepare and be informed in the event of an actual emergency.