Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
EAS First Nationwide Test
Wed November 9, 2011
EAS Test Of The National Emergency Alert System
On Wednesday, November 9, FEMA and the FCC will conduct the first ever national test of the Emergency Alert System.
The Emergency Alert System (EAS) test will last approximately one minute and will be heard on all radio stations and television stations across the country. This nationwide test will help federal and local officials determine the reliability of the system and its effectiveness in notifying the public of emergency situations. For more information about this alert, please visit the EAS website.
Visit www.Ready.gov for more information about how to prepare and be informed in the event of an actual emergency.