Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Spring Book Picks 2015
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- After Six Generations, Making Sure The Family Farm Stays A Farm Forever
Mon November 21, 2011
The Economics of Second Homes
New Hampshire has a relatively high share of vacation properties….more than ten percent statewide, with heavy concentrations in resort areas. We’ll look at the impact of these get-away homes on property taxes, demographics, and jobs…also, how the second-home market may provide a bright spot in an otherwise struggling real estate sector.
- Russ Thibeault - president of Applied Economic Research, a consulting firm based in Laconia, New Hampshire
- Amanda Loder - StateImpact reporter for StateImpact New Hampshire, a collaboration of NHPR and NPR.
We’ll also hear from:
- Frank Roche - President and Owner of Roche Realty Group in Meredith