Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Mon November 21, 2011
The Economics of Second Homes
New Hampshire has a relatively high share of vacation properties….more than ten percent statewide, with heavy concentrations in resort areas. We’ll look at the impact of these get-away homes on property taxes, demographics, and jobs…also, how the second-home market may provide a bright spot in an otherwise struggling real estate sector.
- Russ Thibeault - president of Applied Economic Research, a consulting firm based in Laconia, New Hampshire
- Amanda Loder - StateImpact reporter for StateImpact New Hampshire, a collaboration of NHPR and NPR.
We’ll also hear from:
- Frank Roche - President and Owner of Roche Realty Group in Meredith