Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed February 26, 2014
'El Chapo' Faces Charges In New Hampshire, Among Other Districts
New Hampshire is one of seven court districts where a powerful Mexican drug kingpin faces indictment. Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, the alleged leader of the Sinaloa cartel, was arrested last weekend in Mexico on charges of drug trafficking.
In September 2012, New Hampshire prosecutors announced the arrest of four other high ranking members of the Sinaloa cartel—including a cousin of Guzman—after an international investigation involving FBI undercover agents and the Boston Police Department.
It is unclear if the United States will pursue extradition of Guzman, who has been called the world’s most wanted criminal. Federal prosecutors in New Hampshire haven’t said if they will seek to try the case.
Word of Mouth