Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Tue March 19, 2013
Examining the Expansion of Medicaid
Although the Supreme Court upheld most of the Affordable Care Act, it said states could choose whether to expand Medicaid. Supporters say doing so helps low income Americans gain coverage and boosts the economy. Critics warn it’s government overreach and is simply unaffordable. We’ll get New Hampshire’s take on this debate.
- Charlie Arlinghaus - president of the Josiah Bartlett Center for Public Policy
- Deb Fournier - policy analyst with the New Hampshire Fiscal Policy Institute
- Peggy Gilmour - Democratic senator from Hollis and member of the Health, Education & Human Services Committee
- William O’Brien - Republican representative from Mont Vernon and sponsor of a bill that would prohibit the state from expanding Medicaid under the federal health care law.