Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Fri December 20, 2013
Executive Council OKs Circuit Court Judges, PUC Commissioner
The Executive Council has confirmed four judges for the circuit court nominated by Governor Maggie Hassan.
At a meeting Friday morning, councilors approved the nominations of Susan B. Carbon, Robert James Foley, Margaret-Ann Moran, and Patricia B. Quigley to serve as circuit court judges.
The Governor’s Judicial Selection Commission, a bipartisan panel, recommended all four candidates for the appointments.
In a statement, Hassan says all four have demonstrated a "deep commitment to ensuring justice is done fairly and effectively on behalf of the people of New Hampshire."
Also this morning, the Executive Council approved Hassan’s nomination of former Assistant Attorney General Martin Honigberg to serve on the state’s Public Utilities Commission.