Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
Fri December 20, 2013
Executive Council OKs Circuit Court Judges, PUC Commissioner
The Executive Council has confirmed four judges for the circuit court nominated by Governor Maggie Hassan.
At a meeting Friday morning, councilors approved the nominations of Susan B. Carbon, Robert James Foley, Margaret-Ann Moran, and Patricia B. Quigley to serve as circuit court judges.
The Governor’s Judicial Selection Commission, a bipartisan panel, recommended all four candidates for the appointments.
In a statement, Hassan says all four have demonstrated a "deep commitment to ensuring justice is done fairly and effectively on behalf of the people of New Hampshire."
Also this morning, the Executive Council approved Hassan’s nomination of former Assistant Attorney General Martin Honigberg to serve on the state’s Public Utilities Commission.